Monday, July 2, 2012

Even a journey of a thousand miles...

A few weeks ago, a photograph I had taken for my weekly newspaper was named the 2012  runner up for best sports photo by the Syracuse Press Club.  The next night I filed my weekly education column, "School is IN."  Two days later, the paper was out of business and I found myself somewhat stranded.

The thing about being a photojournalist is that one needs an outlet for his work.  Shooting photos that no one sees makes you a voyeur and writing something that no one sees makes you a diarist.

When several friends suggested I start a blog, I resisted -- I don't like the term "blog" and I don't like the easy accessibility that it provides to whomever wants to write.  However, since I want to write, I decided to drop the elitist attitude and take a shot at it.

So -- starting in a few days, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment